The following organizations offer certified homebuyer counseling, mortgage foreclosure prevention, homebuyer education classes, IDA match savings program and other services for homebuyers and homeowners:
- The African American Alliance for Homeownership
- Community Housing Resource Center
- Hacienda CDC
- Native American Youth & Family Center
- Open Door Counseling Center
- Portland Housing Center
Habitat for Humanity Portland Metro East offers homeownership opportunities to families making $20,000-$40,000 a year by selling homes at cost, making no profit, after the family contributes 500 sweat equity hours. Houses are sold below market value because of volunteer labor and donations.
ROSE Community Development combines affordable housing programs with supportive services and economic opportunities to Revitalize Outer South East. Their work is focused in four Southeast Portland neighborhoods: Lents, Brentwood-Darlington, Foster-Powell, and Mt. Scott-Arleta.
Housing Connections is a web-based community service that is intended to better connect providers of housing and housing services to renters who are looking for these types of housing opportunities. This website will help you with immediate housing needs.
- My First Home Homebuyer's Guide
- Portland Housing Bureau
- Fair Housing Council of Oregon
- Homeownership Opportunities Website Northwest
- Trip Not Taken -- N/NE Portland resources