Homeowner photos & stories
Click here to access Proud Ground homeowner stories; the Proud Ground logo is here, too. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for high-resolution photos or more stories.
About Proud Ground
To advance individual and community prosperity by investing in buildings, homes and families. Our mission.
Since 1999 Proud Ground has made lasting investments in the financial stability and assets of moderate- and low-income families by addressing the critical need for more affordable homeownership opportunities–-opening the door to the long-term wealth building, stability, and pride of owning a home.
Working with community partners, lenders, builders and others, we:
- prepare households for homeownership
- renovate existing homes
- build new, energy efficient and sustainable affordable homes
- offer homeowners tools to be successful
- ensure the permanent affordability of homes in our portfolio.
Proud Ground leverages community investment in every transaction, buying down the purchase price of a home. In exchange for an affordable home, Proud Ground homeowners agree, should they decide to sell, to shared-equity resale provisions that provide for a fair return on their investment while ensuring the home remains affordable for the next low-income, first-time homebuyer. The home remains in Proud Ground’s portfolio of affordable homes, and the original subsidy grows as the home appreciates in value.
An ongoing priority is helping communities of color achieve equity in homeownership. Deliberate research and dialogue resulted in an outreach strategy that has increased our service to communities of color.
We are committed to healthy and efficient buildings supporting healthy families. Our materials and systems are carefully chosen to provide durability and support a healthy indoor environment. Projects use Oregon High Performance Homes, Earth Advantage, and LEED for Homes certification processes and guidelines.
Recognizing that the need for homes working families can afford does not end at city lines, Proud Ground expanded its service area; we started serving the City of Gresham in 2011; served our first Washington County home buyers in 2012; and we began serving Clackamas County in 2013 after integrating with Clackamas Community Land Trust.
By the numbers (as of March 25, 2013):
- 241 new home buyers served
- 230+ permanently affordable homes in portfolio; 30+ homes in housing development pipeline
- $125,100 median sales price in 2012, vs. $235,000 for a market-rate home in service area
- $126,215: Median resale price of a Proud Ground home
- $33,600/60% MFI: median income of all families served
- 50% of current homeowners are households of color
- 325 households on home buyer wait list
- 62% of wait list households from communities of color
- 0 homes lost to foreclosure
For more information or to inquire about obtaining photos please contact Kathy Armstrong: (503) 493-0293, ext. 18